New Century Chamber Orchestra’s Open Rehearsals allow audiences to experience musical democracy in action: a rehearsal without a conductor.
Rehearsals are a collaborative process in which every musician has the chance to give input, leaving audiences with a new and refreshing perspective on the creative dynamic.
Each Open Rehearsal is General Admission seating and offers a sneak preview of the upcoming program. Complimentary coffee and donuts will be provided.
Tickets Only $15!
Open Rehearsal for the 2016-2017 Season are available for purchase online at City Box Office or by calling 415.392.4400.
2016-2017 Open Rehearsals
Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 10AM
Preview Silver Season Opening
Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 10AM
Preview Ray Chen Leads
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Diane B. Wilsey Center for Opera: 401 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
The Wilsey Center is located on the fourth floor of the War Memorial Veteran’s Building.
NOVEMBER 9, 2016
MARCH 15, 2017
Kanbar Performing Arts Center: 44 Page Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
KANBAR PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
- From the South: From 101 North, continue onto Octavia Boulevard. Turn right onto Page Street. The building will be on the left.
- From the East: Cross the Bay Bridge. Follow the signs for 101 N/ Golden Gate Bridge and merge onto 101 North. Continue onto Octavia Boulevard. Turn right onto Page Street. The building will be on the left.
- From the North: Cross the Golden Gate Bridge. Exit at Lombard Street. Turn right onto Van Ness Avenue. Turn right onto Market Street. Slight right onto Page Street. The building will be on the right.
DIANE B. WILSEY CENTER FOR OPERA
- From the South: Take US101 North and exit at 9th Street. Turn left off the exit ramp onto 9th Street. Stay to the left and continue on 9th Street across Market Street onto Hayes Street. Take Hayes to Franklin Street and turn right. Drive one block on Franklin to Grove Street for parking in the Performing Arts Garage.
- From the East: After crossing the Bay Bridge, take the Ninth Street/Civic Center Exit onto Harrison Street. Go one block and turn right onto Ninth. Stay to the left and continue on Ninth across Market Street onto Hayes Street. Take Hayes to Franklin Street and turn right. Drive one block on Franklin to Grove Street for parking in the Performing Arts Garage.
- From the North: After crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, take US 101 to Lombard Street and continue south on Van Ness Avenue to the Civic Center. Turn right on Grove Street, the first street past City Hall. The Opera House is on the right and Davies Symphony Hall is on the left. Continue on Grove for parking in the Performing Arts Garage.
There are many nearby parking options, including, but not limited to:
- Performing Arts Garage—(415) 252-8238
360 Grove between Franklin and Gough
Attendant on duty, covered garage
- Civic Center Plaza Garage (underground)—(415) 863-1537
Enter on McAllister between Polk and Larkin
Attendant or 24-hr security on duty, covered garage
- Tower Valet Parking—(415) 341-1592
Enter on Grove between Gough and Octavia
Attendant on duty 6am–5:30pm, otherwise self-park, uncovered lot
- Opera Plaza Garage—(415) 771-4776
Enter on Golden Gate or Turk at Van Ness
Attendant on duty 24 hours, covered and uncovered lot
- Place 2 Park
Enter on Golden Gate between Gough and Franklin