New Century Chamber Orchestra’s Open Rehearsals allow audiences to experience musical democracy in action: a rehearsal without a conductor.
Rehearsals are a collaborative process in which every musician has the chance to give input, leaving audiences with a new and refreshing perspective on the creative dynamic.
Each Open Rehearsal is General Admission seating and offers a sneak preview of the upcoming program. Complimentary coffee and donuts will be provided.
Tickets Only $8!
Open Rehearsal tickets can be purchased online below, or by calling call City Box Office at 415-392-4400 (Mon-Fri 9:30am-5pm; Sat 12pm-4pm).Purchase Single Tickets
Wednesday, September 25, 10AM, Kanbar Performing Arts Center, San Francisco
Preview Daugherty Perspectives
Tuesday, November 19, 10AM, Kanbar Performing Arts Center, San Francisco
Preview Legacies and Concertos
Tuesday, February 11, 10AM, Kanbar Performing Arts Center, San Francisco
Preview Donizetti’s Rita
Tuesday, March 18, 10AM, Kanbar Performing Arts Center, San Francisco
Preview Atlantic Crossing
Kanbar Performing Arts Center: 44 Page Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
The Kanbar Center is located between Franklin and Gough Streets, just a block from Market Street.
- From From the South: From 101 North, continue onto Octavia Boulevard. Turn right onto Page Street. The building will be on the left.
- From the East: Cross the Bay Bridge. Follow the signs for 101 N/ Golden Gate Bridge and merge onto 101 North. Continue onto Octavia Boulevard. Turn right onto Page Street. The building will be on the left.
- From the North: Cross the Golden Gate Bridge. Exit at Lombard Street. Turn right onto Van Ness Avenue. Turn right onto Market Street. Slight right onto Page Street. The building will be on the right.
There are many nearby parking options, including, but not limited to:
- Performing Arts Garage—(415) 252-8238
360 Grove between Franklin and Gough
Attendant on duty, covered garage
- Civic Center Plaza Garage (underground)—(415) 863-1537
Enter on McAllister between Polk and Larkin
Attendant or 24-hr security on duty, covered garage
- Tower Valet Parking—(415) 341-1592
Enter on Grove between Gough and Octavia
Attendant on duty 6am–5:30pm, otherwise self-park, uncovered lot
- Opera Plaza Garage—(415) 771-4776
Enter on Golden Gate or Turk at Van Ness
Attendant on duty 24 hours, covered and uncovered lot
- Place 2 Park
Enter on Golden Gate between Gough and Franklin
- BART: Exit BART at the Civic Center stop and walk southwest on Market Street .5 miles until you reach Franklin. Make a slight right at Page Street. 44 Page Street will be on your right. View the BART schedule here.
- MUNI: 44 Page Street is accessible from many major bus lines. View MUNI maps and schedules here.